Among the activities planned for the 4th Annual 2022 Roosevelt Island Earth Love
Day is a Roosevelt Island Tree Tally.
Green Roosevelt Island Neighbors (GRIN) Founder
shares these photos and reports:
Have you seen any Roosevelt Island trees
with small circular metal tag numbers?
Can you think of any trees we have lost?
Spotted any new ones?
Join us as we begin to find out how many trees we currently have and help us
come up with a plan to replace those we have lost.
1615 Roosevelt Island trees got tagged in 2012.
We start our Quest on April 30th at 11:00 am on the Rivercross / Mediation
Stop by the
table at the #EarthLove Day event. Just look for the butterflies and black
iDig2Learn founder Christina Delfico adds:
Celebrate kindness to the Earth and each other at the 4th annual #EarthLove
Day on Saturday, April 30th, from 11 AM – 2 PM at the Meditation Lawn and
Blackwell Plaza (500 Main St.).
Join us for fun and educational activities, where we will be raising awareness
on ways we can help Roosevelt Island and our planet stay green and clean!
Community organizations and partners will join RIOC in engaging the public
with activities including:
- Native plantings and educational activities with the R.I. Garden Club (sign
up your group HERE)
- Free Book Swap sponsored by the R.I. Branch NYPL (bring your gently handled
- Clothing Drop sponsored by the Carter Burden/R.I. Senior Center (bring your
gently worn clothing in sealed bags for donation)
- Plogging with the R.I. Youth Center- a healthy way to jog or walk around the
island while picking up litter polluting our beautiful space (bring your
- Bike New York Bike Repair and Learn to Ride classes (sign up details to
- Join iDig2Learn to celebrate nature & fly like a Monarch butterfly &
learn about the Tree Tally & Compost with GRIN & Haki
- Yoga/Meditation with Island OM.
- Meet Alternew to give your clothes new life with mending & tailoring
- Used Battery recycling drop-off
- Educational tables to learn how you can do more!
- Free reusable giveaways!
Please note that the Roosevelt Island Earth Love Day festivities begin at 11
A.M not 10 A.M as shown in the flyer at top.