According to the Roosevelt Island Operating Corp (RIOC):
As a reminder, beginning on Sunday, January 23rd,
Tram operator, Leitner-POMA, will begin a second phase of standard
testing and maintenance on Tram cabins to ensure long-term reliability
this maintenance period, which is expected to last through early
February, one cabin will be operational. Please plan your travel
accordingly as longer than normal wait times and lines can be
expected during rush hour.
supplement Tram service during this planned work period, the RIOC Red
Bus will be providing free shuttle service, to and from Manhattan,
Monday – Fridays, from 3 PM – 8:30 PM.
Schedules for Red Bus Shuttle and regular service, below:
Roosevelt Island to Manhattan Shuttle
hourly from the R.I. Tram Station (300 Main St.), making all northbound
local stops to Capobianco Field (opposite P.S./I.S. 217), before
heading into Manhattan.
- First trip will depart from the R.I. Tram Station at 3 PM.
- Last trip will depart from the R.I. Tram Station at 8 PM.
Manhattan to Roosevelt Island Shuttle
- Departs on the half-hour from the southwest side of 2nd Avenue, between 58th and 59th Streets, and will make all southbound local stops (starting with 591 Main St.) to the R.I. Tram Station.
- Last trip will depart Manhattan at 8:30 PM.
Regular Red Bus Service
continue normal morning rush hour schedule from 7 AM – 10 AM, with
pick-up at the R.I. Tram Station approximately every 7 ½ minutes.
- Will continue to operate from 10 AM – 3 PM, with pick-up at the R.I. Tram Station approximately every 15 minutes.
- No changes to regular evening rush hour schedule.
- No changes to regular weekend service.
Alternative Transportation Options